Monday, June 25, 2012

Participants' Quotes

“The THEATRE FOR LIVING tools are like having a zoom lens - we can so easily move from one person's suffering, zoom out, and suddenly see the infinite repercussions, causes, symptoms. All are affecting and affected. This is so important for us in our work. The training that we did should be something all front-line workers have access to! Theatre for Living really is information for living!”

Rianne Svelnis, Downtown East Side Living Room (Lookout Society)


“I direct a youth forum theatre troupe. The THEATRE FOR LIVING training has bolstered my sense of safety and aesthetics in these interactive techniques. I gained a tremendous amount of insight watching David lead our group through important dialogue and coaching individual actors specific to their growth needs. I appreciate his keen eye, his steadfast direction to what is just and fair, and his joyful spirit in this work. It is contagious!”

Tim McLeod 


“When the certificates were handed out (at the THEATRE FOR LIVING training), you said that no one would give us a job with them. I secretly vowed to prove you wrong. I am currently developing a syllabus for a theatre course at the United Nations University for Peace in Costa Rica where I studied in 2008. In a way, your certificate got me the job.”

Shawn Bryant


“I feel like I have been saturated in the best possible way by the language of Theatre. This THEATRE FOR LIVING training workshop has given me many real life skills, some of which resonate on an emotional level, and others on more of a practical level. I can't wait to begin applying them to my community.”

Krista Lynch

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting endeavour. In Cameroon it follows the community participatory approach aimed at empowering the masses on the challenges facing them and their community. See www.cameroonperformance.blogspot.com.
    TUME F Keneth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear TUME, thanks so much for sharing your work! I just checked out your blog - very interesting and resourceful. Will definitely keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete